Critical Chain - Theory of Constraints Checklist
Checklist to be used to make sure the project is "Goal - Due Date" and Critical Chain focused as per the Theory of Constraints (TOC).
- Do/id you use deterministic CPM models with buffers to deal with any uncertainties?
- Do/did you place a project buffer after last task to protect the customer’s completion schedule?
- Do/did you xxploit constraining resources (make certain that resources are fully utilized)?
- Do/did you avoid wasting time slack time by encouraging early task completions?
- Do/did carefully monitor the status of the buffer(s) and communicate this status to other project team members on a regular basis?
T. D. Klastorin, Ted Klastorin, "Project Management : Tools and Trade-Offs" (2003)
Goldratt, Eliyahu M., "Theory of Constraints" , (1999)