Using the DMAIC Methodology Checklist
Checklist to be used as a guide to navigate the 5 stages of the 6 Sigma DMAIC project methodology.
- Mark all that apply.
- Have you defined the project scope, objective, and schedule?
- Have you defined the project team members?
- Have you defined the stakeholders?
- Have you gained authorization from the necessary project executive sponsors?
- Have you assembled and trained the project team at a high level?
- Have you determined the measurement process?
- Have you defined relevant and obtainable metrics?
- Have you established a current state baseline for your measurement?
- Have you evaluated your measurement system?
- Have you captured the process drivers?
- Have you benchmarked against best in class?
- Have you analysed sources of variation?
- Have you analysed the value stream?
- Have you evaluated risks and potential failure modes?
- Have you optimized process settings and configurations?
- Have you defined a new process?
- Have you defined and prioritized improvement opportunities?
- Have you realised the deliverables for the project and had them approved by the project sponsors?
- Have you documented lessons learned?
- Have you developed and implemented a control plan?
- Have you validated the new process and established a basis for ongoing monitoring?
Pyzdek, Thomas & Keller, Paul A. "The Six Sigma Handbook" 3rd Edition. McGraw Hill (2010), p. 149.