Quality Management Strategy Checklist
Checklist to be used when creating and reviewing the Project Quality Management Strategy.
- Responsibilities for quality are defined up to a level that is independent of the project and Project Manager.
- The approaches to assuring quality for the project are appropriate in light of the standards selected.
- The defined ways are sufficient to achieve the required quality.
- The strategy clearly defines ways in which the customer's quality expectations will be met.
- The strategy conforms to the corporate or programme quality policy.
- The strategy conforms to the supplier and customer quality management systems.
- The tools and techniques to be used for quality management are appropriate for the project and the environment they are to be used in.
- The quality records have been clearly defined including the quality register.
- Quality reports have been defined including purposes, timing and recipients.
- All people working on the project are informed about the quality management requirements for the project
- The quality assurance process has been clearly defined.
- Key roles and responsibilities have been defined.
- Key resources are trained and adequately skilled to take on the required quality management tasks.
See also Risk Management Strategy Checklist