Practice Standard for Earned Value Management
The Practice Standard for Earned Value Management expands on the earned value information in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). The standard is currently in its second edition.
The guide is made up of the following main sections:
- Basic Elements of Earned Value Management
- Description of the basic elements of EVM
- Derivations of the basic EVM elements
- EVM Performance Analysis and Forecasting
- Schedule analysis and forecasting.
- Cost analysis and forecasting
- Management by exception
- Guidance for the Use of Key EVM Practices
- Establish a performance measurement baseline
- Measure and analyze performance against the baseline