STAR Job Interview Checklist
Checklist to be used to help prepare for a behavioural job interview using the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result)
- Have you prepared between five and ten behavioural situations (stories) from your past professional experiences?
- For each one of these situations, have you committed to memory answers to the four STAR questions below?
- Situation - What specific event or situation were you involved in and what was your role?
- Task - What was the goal you were working towards?
- Action - Describe the action or actions you took and be sure to focus on yourself and your own responsibilities.
- Result(s) - What was the outcome of your action or actions? What changes resulted and what did you learn?
To help refine your professional stories, see also 7 "C"s of Communication Checklist and if your job interview involves a presentation checkout PowerPoint/Keynote Presentation Checklist